|The Interns editing their films ahead of the class critique. Photo: Rachael Short|
It’s really important that the teens remain focused, keep their proposed questions in mind, and most of all, enjoy and really take in this entire experience. This afternoon they will be able to reflect upon their experience throughout the past six days, and think about whether or not they achieved their desired goals.
|Getting some final tips from Jacques ahead of the class critique. Photo: Waimarie Dashper|
Two lessons that the teens will take away from this experience is the importance of process and time management, these are both vital when studying at university. Learning that the process of a project is just as important as the finished product, will be incredibly beneficial for their future studies – along with the importance of time management, a vital ingredient for success within any subject field.
|Watching Hinoliee's short film during the class critique. Photo: Nic Maw|
Once the critique was over, we went around the circle to find out what each teen took away from the day and the whole completion experience, here’s a few examples:
- ‘Proud of my filming as it was my first time’
- ‘Glad we managed to get everything finished in the last twenty minutes’
- ‘Proud of what I achieved with my editing’
- ‘Proud of my illustrations’
- ‘Pleased that I could trust and rely on people in my group’
- ‘Surprised and happy that we finished everything without getting stressed’
- Waimarie Dashper, AUT Media Mentor