|Youth Media Interns in their new group. Photo: Waimarie Dashper|
|Interns choosing their Values. Photo: Waimarie Dashper|
We had the Gallery Education team come in and introduce themselves. Leading on from the messages the staff we met yesterday said, they really emphasised taking a path that you love, staying motivated, and pursuing all the opportunities that come your way. Hearing this again had a positive effect on both the teens and the mentors, as when you are at that deciding stage of what to actually do with your life, being able to see where your interests can lead you is a major help.
|Interns devising their question, which they will base their film on. Photo: Waimarie Dashper|
The four questions are:
- What is the value of preserving art?
- What do children think and feel about art?
- What is the importance of viewing original artwork in the flesh?
- How does the gender of an artist affect how you see the art?
- Rachael Short, AUT Media Mentor